Wednesday, January 9, 2008

So Long, Food...


...at least for a good month or so! Today I had my 4 hour long appointment with a group that is having surgery the same week I am (the same day in some cases). It was very informative, and they went over everything from the pre-op diet to the week after surgery. Needless to say, I have been very well informed of what to expect, right down to what elevators to take up to surgery in the hospital!


Now comes the first hard part...the part I have been dreading as much as the surgery...the PRE-OP DIET!! This consists of 800 calories a day (yes, 800!) to shrink and empty the stomach and to de-fat the liver, making the surgeon's job easier. I had to special order these products from MMPC. They pack these supplements, which are mostly liquid, full of protein so that I won't be famished, but will be very tired from the lack of sugar and carbs. So, this is what I consider Phase I of my journey...getting through these next two weeks on this diet! Then comes the surgery, then 2 weeks of solid liquids, then "mushies"...I'll just update as I get to each phase!


Oh yeah, and by the way, my surgery is two weeks from today!!!!!!! And thank you all soooooo much for the encouragement, thoughts and prayers! You guys are the best! :)

3 comments:

Jason, Meghan, Mac, Jayce and Macy VandenHout said...

I wish you the best of luck in the next two weeks. I think this would probably be the hardest part for me.

Dan, Tracy, Gracelyn & Olivia said...

You go girl!!!! We are rooting for you 100%. Call if you need any encouragment or someone to vent to. We are here for you. Loves and kisses!!!

Tom, Lauren, Maddie and Cru said...

Ok...so, yeah this part is going to suck. You know I don't sugar coat things. BUTTTTTTTTTTTTT, think about it. Less than 6 weeks from today, you will be past all of it. That's not long. In the span of things, not long at all. Just focus on Gulf Shores, and it's REALLY short. :) We are so proud of you and are rooting for you. See you soon dear. Hugs