Saturday, January 26, 2008

I am officially sleeved! :)

I am sleeved! Surgery went great aside from some very low oxygen when they tryed to wake me up. The first night was very painful with gas pains and nausea and pain form the incisions. But, today I just have pain from the incision where they removed my stomach. The hospital staff was wonderful and made my stay as pleasant as possible. I have many wonderful guests stop by (thank you to all who called, stopped by, sent flowers, thought/prayed for me!). I am soooo glad to be home! My house smells like a floral shop!!

For the next few days, my routine will consist of sipping (cannot drink more than an ounce per hour), walking around my house (I look like an 80 year old lady when I walk), and resting, then repeat! Boring, but Sex and the City is on right now so I'm happy! :)

I am going to take some more pain meds and take a nap right now, but I'll write later!

6 comments:

Jason, Johanna and Thys said...

Yahoo... you're sleeved, you must be relieved!! Glad everything is going as best it can. We are thinking of you!! Cheers!!

The Burkholder Family said...

We are so glad that you're home as well. So happy to hear that everything went well! You are such an amazing person - keep up the great work. You go Girl!!

Tom, Lauren, Maddie and Cru said...

We are so proud of you and thankful everything went so well. HUGS!!! See you soon.

Dan, Tracy, Gracelyn & Olivia said...

Yahoo! We are so grateful that you are well and that the surgery is behind you. We love you to pieces and anytime you want company to drink and ounce or two with you let us know. We are your biggest fan!

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear that everything is going well. You are an amazingly strong person! Make sure that Austin is spoiling you like crazy! Take care.

The Hansen's said...

Yeah...you made through the the first 2 stages, with flying colors, I might add!! :) Glad to hear you are doing GREAT!