Wednesday, September 24, 2008

8 Months Already...










Eight months ago today I was wheeled into surgery....then I had some complications for a couple months after that, and now...

...I am as happy as a pig in mud! I am down about 117 pounds now, and lovin life. I can eat literally anything and everything, just a wee bit at a time!

I was just looking at my pre-surgical "goals", and have reached all but one! I just need to join a volleyball team now and I'm all set!! I am now able to shop anywhere, able to do things without sweating like a hog, and the number one item on my list was to be happy again. I certainly obtained that goal!! I LOVE MY SLEEVE! :D

The pics are what I'm looking like these days...:)

2 comments:

Jason, Johanna and Thys said...

Kate so proud of you, you look amazing on the outside but most importantly you are beaming from the inside!!! Wow, I'm so thrilled to hear your last goal not yet accompished, it happens to be a goal of mine not yet accomplished. I have been longing to be on a volleyball team since high school but just haven't made it happen. We need to do this together!! I remember picking you up for the Aquinas volleyball camp everyday one summer and I think we need get back into this together since we both love the sport!!

Tom, Lauren, Maddie and Cru said...

DAMN YO FINE! :D We are so freak'n proud of you Katie and are so happy for you. We love you to death.